Our aim is to deliver first class quality care and support to adults with learning and physical disabilities, challenging behaviour and communication difficulties. Our multi-disciplinary team work within the community and pride themselves on respecting the needs, rights, choices of all individuals and encouraging independence.
We start from the principle that people with learning disabilities have the same fundamental rights as anyone else in society, which includes the right to develop and make informed choices about their lives. We actively promote equality and diversity within our company, both in our staff and the care and support we give others.
How Can Supported Living Help you?
Supported living offers individualised support in your own home aimed at helping you become more independent. Independent living means having the confidence to make the decisions about where your life is taking you. Our dedicated and highly skilled team works with the people we support and with their supporters. We aim to provide holistic support and services that meet people’s wishes and needs, ensuring that they are in control of their lives.
Using simple principles we:
- Develop the person’s everyday living skills, including cooking, cleaning and shopping
- Attend to personal care, including managing and administering their medication
- Provide support to maintain tenancies, including budgeting, maintaining the homes, understanding and following the terms and conditions of tenancy agreements
- Support the person in accessing local and wider community facilities
- Facilitate relationships so that the person can be a valued member of their community
- Develop the person’s independent travel skills where appropriate
- Support the person’s independence by enabling them to make their own choices and decisions about life
- Help the person access training and employment
- Apply for and obtain appropriate benefits
- Help the person access leisure activities and lifelong learning
The people who use our services are encouraged to be involved and to play an active role in everything we do. This includes decisions on how their services are run and takes place in a variety of ways, including:
- The Quality Assurance process
- Independently facilitated Advocacy forums
- Tenants meetings
- Business planning
- The recruitment of staff
Supported Living in a Seren home
In addition to providing care and support in your own home, we also have 2 established self-contained properties in the Neath area providing 24-hour support to adults with a learning disability. Seren’s Supported Living service primarily supports adults with learning disabilities aged 18 and above. The team also provides support to:
- People who are on the autistic spectrum
- People with learning disabilities who also have mental health needs
- People with learning disabilities and physical disabilities or sensory impairments
- People with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD).
For more information on our homes and to discuss any vacancies, please email our Senior Care Coordinator Melanie at email@example.com or call us on 01792 324800.
Where We Work
Our team provides support to adults with learning disabilities in the following areas:
- Neath and Port Talbot